Woman refuses to leave handbag, climbs into X-ray machine at China station
The Straits Times/Asia News Network
A train commuter went to extreme lengths to keep her valuables by her side during a security check at a station in China, when she climbed into an X-ray machine to be near her handbag.
The woman's bizarre actions startled security officers at the Dongguan Railway Station in China's southern Guangdong Province last Sunday on Feb. 11, according to Chinese media.
A video shared online showed the woman placing her luggage on the conveyor belt of the machine, before walking through the security scanner with a small handbag.
When told that all her valuables would have to pass through the machine, she turned around and was seen hopping onto the conveyor belt as well.
Two x-ray images showed a silhouette of the woman, still in her high heels, kneeling on all fours behind her belongings.
Security camera footage then showed her climbing out of the machine and checking her handbag and luggage, before walking away nonchalantly.
It is not clear what the woman was carrying in her handbag.
Local media reported that Dongguan Railway Station staff have advised passengers not to ride the X-ray machines, as radiation given off by the scanners could be harmful.
The unusual incident happened amid the world's largest annual human migration, as millions of Chinese return to their hometowns for the Chinese New Year, which falls on Feb. 16.
This article appeared on The Straits Times newspaper website, which is a member of Asia News Network and a media partner of The Jakarta Post
- Jakarta prepares traffic strategy for Asian Games
- Mt. Sinabung spews massive smoke-and-ash column
- Tearful French skater's 'worst nightmare' after dress mishap
- Jakarta-Bandung railway project won’t meet target: Minister
- IS ambush kills 27 pro-government fighters in Iraq
- Anti-LGBT team established in Depok
- Indonesia extends export recommendation for Freeport
- Myanmar seizes drugs and equipment worth $7 m in lab raid
- Study links acne with increased risk of depression
- US man stole thumb of Chinese terracotta warrior statue