BREAKING: Riau Police HQ attacked by five men
The Jakarta Post
Five men attacked the Riau Police headquarters on Jl. Jenderal Sudirman in Pekanbaru on Wednesday at around 9 a.m. They carried sharp weapons and firearms.
Doddy Vladimir, a journalist of Tribun Pekanbaru, said he saw a white Toyota Avanza van hit the headquarter’s fences at around 9 a.m.
“It was really quick. People wearing masks alighted from a van and stabbed a police officer nearby,” Doddy said as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The police shot two of them, Doddy said.
Tribunnews.com reported a TV journalist, not yet identified at the time of writing, suffered some wounds because he was near the fences for a news release on drugs at the police headquarters. (evi)
Editor's note: An earlier version of this article stated that at least three men had attacked the Riau Police headquarters. Police updates have stated that there were five attackers, and that four were shot dead at the scene. The alleged driver fled but was later arrested by the Riau Police.
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims
- BI rate hike has insignificant effect on rupiah, stock market
- More than 100 feared dead in Cuba airliner crash
- Jakpost guide to alternative destinations for the Idul Fitri holidays
- Sobat Budaya extends Datathon 3.0 to compile cultural data
- Minister defends niqab amid security concerns
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- Ten dead in Texas school shooting, student arrested