Man arrested for carrying knife in Jakarta Police's mosque
The Jakarta Post
An unidentified man was arrested on Tuesday evening for carrying a knife at the Jakarta Police’s vehicle registration center (Satpas) in Daan Mogot, West Jakarta.
The man was caught in the Satpas’ mosque.
"When an officer called out to him, the suspect threw something outside [of the Satpas area]," Jakarta Police spokesman Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
The officer later followed the direction at which the suspect had gestured and discovered a knife.
The suspect was then taken to the Jakarta Police’s General Crime Directorate and the knife confiscated as evidence.
He is still undergoing questioning, Argo added. (fac)
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims
- BI rate hike has insignificant effect on rupiah, stock market
- More than 100 feared dead in Cuba airliner crash
- Jakpost guide to alternative destinations for the Idul Fitri holidays
- Sobat Budaya extends Datathon 3.0 to compile cultural data
- Minister defends niqab amid security concerns
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- Ten dead in Texas school shooting, student arrested