Four suspects shot dead in Riau police attack, one officer dies
The Jakarta Post
National Police spokesperson Insp. Gen. Setyo Wasisto said in a press conference on Wednesday that four suspects were shot dead after their attack at the Riau Police headquarters in Pekanbaru.
One officer, Second Insp. Auzar, died after the suspects' Toyota Avanza allegedly hit him in the attempt to flee the scene. The driver of the car was later arrested and detained at the Pekanbaru Police precinct, Setyo said.
Riau Police chief Insp. Gen. Nandang said in an interview with tvOne that four of the attackers wielded sharp swords. Two police officers, Comr. Faridz and Brig. Jon Hendrik, reportedly suffered slash wounds from a sword attack.
During the suspect's alleged attempt to flee the scene by car, two journalists were also hit, one from tvOne and another from MNCTV. The two journalists suffered injuries and are being treated at a police hospital. (evi)
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims
- BI rate hike has insignificant effect on rupiah, stock market
- More than 100 feared dead in Cuba airliner crash
- Jakpost guide to alternative destinations for the Idul Fitri holidays
- Sobat Budaya extends Datathon 3.0 to compile cultural data
- Minister defends niqab amid security concerns
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- Ten dead in Texas school shooting, student arrested