Two killed in train-car collision in Pondok Ranji
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
A train carrying coal travelling from Jakarta to Merak has hit a car, which was crossing the railway line at Pondok Ranji, South Tangerang, at 4 a.m. on Saturday, killing two people inside the car.
According to the South Tangerang police report, the car was carrying six people.
"The car ended up in a resident's garden after being hit by the train," the head of South Tangerang Police's criminal investigation unit Adj. Comr. Alexander Yurikho said.
One of the victims killed in the incident has been identified as Najwa, 17, a resident of Pondok Ranji, while the identity of the other fatality is still unknown.
The other victims, Andrean, 20, Antoni Ibrahimo, 22, Nurlela Fernita, 17 and Jeniar Mulya, 20, were injured and are currently hospitalized at Prapatan Duren hospital in Ciputat.
- EDITORIAL: Politics in Pertamina shakeup
- Setya Novanto e-ID graft case timeline
- Danareksa eyes Rp 500 billion AUM from new ETF product
- Education ministry cancels anti-LGBT event
- Don't panic, minister says as rupiah weakens
- Man dies of exhaustion on South Jakarta road
- Maria Simorangkir crowned Indonesian Idol 2018
- Chiang Mai woman’s tattoo is ‘practical magic’
- Rp 1 trillion invested through Bareksa digital investment portal
- Big secrets, bumper box-office for 'Avengers: Infinity War'