Two killed in train-car collision in Pondok Ranji
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
A train carrying coal travelling from Jakarta to Merak has hit a car, which was crossing the railway line at Pondok Ranji, South Tangerang, at 4 a.m. on Saturday, killing two people inside the car.
According to the South Tangerang police report, the car was carrying six people.
"The car ended up in a resident's garden after being hit by the train," the head of South Tangerang Police's criminal investigation unit Adj. Comr. Alexander Yurikho said.
One of the victims killed in the incident has been identified as Najwa, 17, a resident of Pondok Ranji, while the identity of the other fatality is still unknown.
The other victims, Andrean, 20, Antoni Ibrahimo, 22, Nurlela Fernita, 17 and Jeniar Mulya, 20, were injured and are currently hospitalized at Prapatan Duren hospital in Ciputat.
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Medan Zoo welcomes birth of two Bengal tiger cubs
- KPK raids PLN president director's house in Jakarta
- Emirati prince flees to Qatar, criticizes Abu Dhabi: report