Bus-truck collision kills eight in Bali
The Jakarta Post
Eight people were killed on Saturday night when a tour bus carrying 13 passengers hit a Tronton dump truck at Kilometer 121 on the Denpasar-Gilimanuk road in Gilimanuk sub-district, Melaya district, Jembrana regency, Bali.
One of the victims died in an ambulance on the way to the nearest hospital, a witness said, as quoted by tribunnews.com.
The victims’ nationalities are currently unknown.
Gilimanuk Police chief Comr. Anak Agung Gede Arka confirmed the accident, adding that his team was still investigating the cause.
The tour bus was traveling from the east when it suddenly hit the truck coming from the opposite direction near the forest of West Bali National Park (TNBB) at 9 p.m. (yon)
- Woman convicted of blasphemy for spreading 'misguided' Islamic teachings
- Most Indonesian museums non-operational: Official
- Djarot allows Idul Adha animal slaughtering at schools
- Prambanan Jazz Festival apologizes for Afgan's stage mishap
- Jokowi forgives Malaysia over flag flop: spokesman
- 16,000 Indonesian islands registered at UN
- EDITORIAL: Gesture of unity
- Indonesia, Freeport discuss tax issue: Minister
- Bandung unveils China Town tourism spot
- Ten sailors missing after US destroyer collision off Singapore